We Want to Hear Your Story!
We want to know all about your favorite Scouting memories and experiences. The moments in Scourting that move you, that put a smile on your face, and motivate you to keep doing what you do. We now have an easy, mobile-friendly way to collect all of your stories from wherever you are and whenever you feel like sharing them.
Go to: www.seattlebsa.org/fromthefield to submit your story!
Did you have a once-in-a-lifetime experience on a 50-miler? Did you see a Cub Scout's self-confidence improve after earning an award? Have your own children benefited from what they learned in Scouting even after they left the program? Please, don't keep it to yourself!
Share your story at www.seattlebsa.org/fromthefield now!
Council and volunteers have been working behind the scenes to bring you an updated SeattleBSA.org site. Some key features of our new site:
- More secure. This site is built on actively supported open source software platforms and will receive regular security updates.
- Mobile friendly. Our new site is responsive. This means the page layout will change depending on whether you are using a desktop, tablet or smartphone. You can see this in action by making the window narrow on a desktop browser, or simply visit SeattleBSA.org on your smartphone or tablet.
- Upgraded Calendar. Council and Districts are now using Teamup for our calendar solution. This allows individual events to be shared to email, Facebook, Twitter, or exported to Google Calendar, Outlook, Yahoo, or any calendar accepting the iCal format. Teamup also has an iOS app that makes it easy to view calendars on your iPhone.
- Modern look. The new visuals use a professionally designed template that can be customized over time.
What is not changing during this upgrade:
- Registration. Our Council registration for camps, training, and other events was already on the new software platform and was not changed.
- Email. The Council email distribution system is separate and not impacted by this change.
The switch to the new site is the first step. Council and volunteers will continue to support the new site, including:
- Helping to train Council staff and Districts on the new infrastructure.
- Cleanup of formatting in articles migrated to this new site.
- Fix any technical issues with the new site that may included broken links or other issues.
- Tune the visuals and page layouts as needed.
Please send us feedback at the "Contact Webmaster" link near the bottom of the home page. Enjoy your summer!