Have Your Ideal Year of Scouting!
ALL CUB SCOUT PACKS are invited to a BRAND NEW TRAINING to help build your program.
Learn how to plan out a year of fun activities that your Scouts really want to do AND how to budget for it.
All training dates will include a light dinner at 6:30 PM followed by an interactive Program Planning session that will conclude around 8PM.
THREE different opportunities to attend, select the one that works best for you:
- Tuesday, March 24: LDS Bellevue Stake Center, 15205 SE 28th St, Bellevue, WA 98007
- Tuesday, March 24: Silverdale Lutheran Church, 11701 Ridgepoint Drive NW, Silverdale, WA 98383
- Wednesday, March 25: Chief Seattle Council Service Center, 3120 Rainier Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114
REGISTER NOW! Click HERE to sign up online.
*Every pack should have one representative attend to help your pack have an Ideal Year of Scouting!
*For packs that will participate in the council popcorn fundraiser this fall, this event will be tied to ½ of your training commission incentive. Plan to attend!
Contact your district executive for questions. Or email us at email@example.com
Are you using all of the BSA’s new technology tools?
In the last year, the BSA has released new tools to help volunteers reach out to new families and manage all of their Scouting information more easily. Make sure that you have checked these out and are using them to help your pack, troop, or crew be the best it can be!
- People interested in joining Scouting can visit this website and use a Google map to locate their nearest pack, troop, or crew. They can then learn more about the unit, send the unit a message, and even complete youth and adult applications!
- The first step is to make sure that your unit’s map pin is set up and has current contact information. Then activate your online applications and approve them as the come in. Both tasks are accessible by the unit “Key Three”: the unit leader (Cubmaster/Scoutmaster/ Crew Advisor), Chartered Organization Representative, and Committee Chair.
- Need help with BeAScout?
- All the info is here.
- PowerPoint on how to set up your map pin is here.
- Video on how to activate and approve online applications is here.
The required training courses for all Cub Scout Leaders are available online!
- “Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training” (required)
- “Youth Protection” (required)
- “Fast Start”(optional)
- “This Is Scouting” (optional)
To take online training, log in to your account on www.MyScouting.org, and click on the E-Learning link in the left-side menu. Then click on the Cub Scouts tab and voila!... all leader training is at your convenience. If you do not have a MyScouting account, there are simple instructions on the landing page that will help you create one.