29308 132nd Ave SE, Auburn
(a mile or so from Reber Ranch and Covington)
We are a 23 acres, non-profit, garden that was mostly planted in the 1960's and opened to the public in 2010. The Soos Creek Botanical Garden is generally open Wednesdays through Saturdays, 10am to 3pm, mid-March through mid-November. Our opening date this year is March 19th.
Scouts doing Eagle Projects may come on additional days and hours with prior notice from the Garden Director or Scout Liaison. All projects will be designed or get design approval from the Garden Director and or Garden Manager.
Potential Eagle Projects identified for 2014:
1) Install hand rails leading down to Soos Creek. The area is often muddy and slippery and visitors have difficulty getting down to the Creek safely.
2) Build storage shed to house our small John Deere Tractor and Trailer.
3) Build a heavy arbor to hold a Wisteria Vine, which weighs hundreds of pounds and lives many decades.
4) Build a heavy grape arbor. Same as #3.
5) Build a 3 sided shed, with door (attached to our Barn) to hold tables/chairs.
6) Install Vinyl gutters to be put onto the Barn, and roof run-off from barn diverted into large cistern (we have the cistern). Stored water used to water plants near the barn: pumpkins, sunflowers, etc.
Please reply to email@example.com to discuss projects. Write" Eagle Project" in the subject line. For further information about the garden, please see our website at: sooscreekbotanicalgarden.org
Barbara Nagel, Garden/Scout Liaison