This year the North Lakes District Scouting For Food effort will continue doing both neighborhood collections and direct collections at supermarkets. Be ready at the January, February, and March Roundtable meetings to sign up your unit for one or more of these activities. (More details)
- Begin Flyer Distribution in Neighborhoods - March 17th
- Collect Donations in Neighborhoods - March 24th
- Supermarket collections - Friday afternoon March 23rd and Saturday March 24th
- Foodbank - help accept donations - Saturday March 24th
Note: these dates are different from the council dates. We shifted our dates to avoid overlap with Girl Scout cookie sales at the supermarkets.
Sign your unit up for the following activities at Roundtable
Scouting for Food:
* community outreach / visibility
* teamwork for the youth
* doing a good deed
* begin distributing flyers March 17th
* collect donations March 24th
* hand out shopping lists and collect donations
* Friday afternoon March 23rd and Saturday March 24th.
* Saturday: need transportation of donations to the food bank from the stores.
* Friday & Saturday: also need a unit or two to store donations on Friday afternoon then transport to the food bank on Saturday.
Foodbank on Saturday March 24th:
* morning - accept neighborhood collections (expiration dating, sorting)
* afternoon - accept supermarket collections (sorting)