If your Scout group would like to sell popcorn in front of stores, please review your district-specific procedures for reserving the most-popular stores.
General Rule: Never approach a store outside of your district boundary. If you border a neighboring district, please review that district’s procedures and ask to be included. Never approach/sell popcorn outside the council territory. This includes Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
How does it work? View the district-specific information below. Some stores will be managed by the district, while others will be ‘first-come-first-serve,’ where groups can approach stores at will.
For King County Districts (Alpine, Aurora, Duwamish, Lake Shores, Mt. Tahoma, Northern Trails)
New for 2020, store front sales will be handled through a council wide website. This process will replace the manual work done by volunteers and council staff. The same philosophy as previous years will be followed for King County groups:
- Groups will have an initial window of time to submit preferences, ending on July 28.
- The initial calendar will be published publicly on July 31.
- Units will be able to request additional slots once everyone has had a chance to submit their preferred sites.
The philosophy of determining how many slots each group gets and who gets which slot when there's conflict is described below.
- Groups are selected randomly
- Number of slots this year is based off of last year's sale total
- Groups order their sites starting from most desired
- Preferred site location
- Preferred day of the week
- Preferred time length
Mt. Olympus: Units may approach any store at-will within Clallam or Jefferson Counties. First come first serve.